Monday 21 June 2010

What motivates you?


If you're expecting a detailed discussion on motivation, then I'm afraid that you'll need to look elsewhere!

Today's HR Case Study is more of a diary entry to capture the feeling of job satisfaction and pleasure gained from spending much of the last two weeks in the absolutely delightful company of a group of around 150 Malaysian students on an intensive Business Studies program in the UK.

They were polite, enthusiastic, fun, challenging, incredibly hard-working, studious, engaged, appreciative . . . and I could go on.

Two thoughts have remained with me as I've been teaching this group:
  • why aren't all students like this?
  • isn't it great when you're working with a motivated group of individuals, when it seems that they motivate you rather than vice versa!
I know that some of the students will be reading this so - you were a real pleasure to work with, and I'm sure you'll do equally well in your remaining modules: you certainly deserve to do so! Thanks for keeping me on your toes! Hope you like the pics!

Click here for more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment