Following the publication earlier today of yet another list of the (apparently) most influential HR Thought Leaders, the editorial team of HR Case Studies has undertaken an in-depth and independently verifiable study of the 10 most common immediate responses upon reading such a list.
The results, dear reader, are presented below for your enlightenment and education. And perhaps also for your amusement.
- Influential? They've got fewer twitter followers than me!
- Well if they are on that list, there's hope for me yet.
- No, it's not sour grapes and no, I'm not jealous, but why am I not on that list?
- Oh look! The guy that has pulled the list together has put himself on it!
- Top 20 Global Thought Leaders? List created by an American? Oh look! Everyone on the list is American!
- I wonder why the guy who has created the list has selected predominantly blonde women aged 25 - 35?
- Well at least the list gives me a good reason for unfollowing 20 people on twitter
- Thought Leaders? 12 of the names on the list are recruitment consultants!
- Oh for heaven's sake! I give up! What purpose are these lists actually supposed to serve anyway?