Tuesday 30 September 2014

The 10 most common responses upon reading a list of the 20 most influential HR Thought Leaders


Following the publication earlier today of yet another list of the (apparently) most influential HR Thought Leaders, the editorial team of HR Case Studies has undertaken an in-depth and independently verifiable study of the 10 most common immediate responses upon reading such a list.

The results, dear reader, are presented below for your enlightenment and education. And perhaps also for your amusement.
  1. Who?
  2. Influential? They've got fewer twitter followers than me!
  3. Well if they are on that list, there's hope for me yet.
  4. No, it's not sour grapes and no, I'm not jealous, but why am I not on that list?
  5. Oh look! The guy that has pulled the list together has put himself on it!
  6. Top 20 Global Thought Leaders? List created by an American? Oh look! Everyone on the list is American!
  7. I wonder why the guy who has created the list has selected predominantly blonde women aged 25 - 35?
  8. Well at least the list gives me a good reason for unfollowing 20 people on twitter
  9. Thought Leaders? 12 of the names on the list are recruitment consultants!
  10. Oh for heaven's sake! I give up! What purpose are these lists actually supposed to serve anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment